New about the manufacturers of Batashevs
These events showed that Russia needs a new army built on a new principle, trained in advanced combat methods, large in number and, most importantly, armed with its own weapons.
But Russia did not yet have either a large centralized weapons production or a powerful metallurgical base capable of completely providing iron, iron, guns, guns, cores, and anchors to many other things.
Peter the First sends to the Urals, where they found colossal reserves of ore, their companions, including Demidov, who were to establish the release of metal.
However, Tula remains the eye center of the arms business. In 1708 Peter appointed the Tula blacksmiths an order for the production of 15 thousand fuzes for the army. There have never been such a number of guns!
Peter did not want private entrepreneurs to monopolize the supply of weapons, because this did not meet the interests of the state. He saw the way leading to the supply of small arms to the army, and the creation of a large state manufactory, so he signed a decree on February 16, 1712, which laid the foundation for the Tula Arms Factory, where in thirty-six children, under Elizabeth, A factory that expanded production. By decree of Peter's daughter, soon, it was ordered to destroy, at a distance of 200 versts from Moscow, private ironworks, with the exception of Batashov, Mooloz and Demidov factories.
The battle transformation of those years played a significant role in strengthening the arms industry. Thanks to the efforts of thousands of artisans, Russian soldiers began to receive first-class small arms, the strength of which was fully experienced by the opponents of Russia in the years of the Seven Years' War..
During the years of her reign, she paid special attention to the arms factory and the arms of the Russian army, Catherine II, who visited it and expanded its decree on the benefits of gunsmiths.
The beginning of the nineteenth century was marked for Russia by one of the most serious tests in its history - by war, 3 attacked by horse-drawn France.