New about the manufacturers of Batashevs
After the end of the civil war, the arms factory prepared traditional military products - three-line rifles "machine guns" maxims ", revolvers" Nagan "and cavalry checkers.
The rapid growth of Soviet aviation required the creation of domestic aircraft guns. At the beginning of 1928, the PV-1 air-gun was adopted by the Red Army. Its production was started at the TOZ in 1925 and discontinued in July 1939.
In the same years, an anti-aircraft gun was developed, developed by the famous Tula arms designer NF. Tokarev. It was first used in combat conditions in the area of Lake Khasan in 1938, successfully used during the Great Patriotic War.
Particular attention was paid to the creation of rapid-fire aircraft guns. In 1928, this was created by engineer V.G. Shpitalny. Soviet military aviators in the skies of Republican Spain estimated the high combat qualities of the SHKAS machine gun, where machine guns were first used in combat.
Since the first days of the Great Patriotic War, measures were taken at the Tula Arms to maximize the use of working time. The main workshops were transferred to a three-shift work, regular holidays were canceled. Hundreds of gunsmiths expressed a desire to go to the front by volunteers.
When the fascists came to Tula, on the front lines together they were met by soldiers of the Workers' Regiment about the military units the part of the gunsmiths of the destroyer battalion of the plant.
The workers and engineers of the machine-tool plant established the production of 82-mm mortars and handed over the mortar for N1 to the Working Regiment.
The gunmen unanimously supported the slogan "Everything for the front, everything for victory". The words of the Tula people did not differ from the case - in July the plant gave the Front 88 thousand self-loading Tokarev rifles and 7 thousand snipers, in August - 100 thousand Tokarev rifles and the same number of snipers.
And even when the arms factory was mostly evacuated to the Urals, the Tula continued in the empty shops to repair and collect weapons for the units defending the city.